Land Rover Defender vs ford bronco
LAND ROVER DEFENDER VS FORD BRONCOAre you torn between the 2021 Land Rover Defender and the Ford Bronco? At Land Rover Cincinnati, we are here to inform you about the key differences between these two vehicles. With removable roof and doors, the Ford Bronco SUV has been this year’s major topic of discussion. However, does it have what it takes to surpass a true adventurer’s brand like Land Rover? At Land Rover Cincinnati, we think you will agree that the new Land Rover Defender is competing in a league of its own.
FORD BRONCO VS. LAND ROVER DEFENDER: PRICING AND VALUEThe all-new 2021 Land Rover Defender has a starting price tag of $49,900 MSRP, while the four-door Bronco starts at $33,200 MSRP. Although the price of the Ford Bronco looks a bit more captivating at first, there’s much more to the Land Rover Defender than you may think! In order for the Bronco to keep up, you would need to pay about the same as you would for the Land Rover Defender. However, if you’re looking for further luxuries and amenities for longer drives and daily commutes alike, the Defender looks like the better option.
PERFORMANCE AND OFF-ROAD CAPABILITY: BRONCO OR DEFENDER?Through multiple tests, it’s clear that both the Ford Bronco and Land Rover Defender can handle adventures on tough trails. However, let's take a further look into how the Land Rover outperforms its competition by acknowledging the areas that matter the most.
TOWING CAPACITY AND PAYLOAD
- The Ford Bronco offers a low towing capacity of just 3,500-pounds, just enough to match the Jeep Wrangler. Meanwhile, the Land Rover Defender reaches an astonishing 8,200-pound capacity
- The Defender can handle a payload of 1,984 pounds, while the Bronco can handle 600 pounds less at just 1,370 pounds. That said, you might have to leave some gear behind when traveling in the Bronco.
ENGINES AND SPECS
- The Ford Bronco and the Land Rover Defender have two engine options available equipped with turbocharged four-cylinder setup.
- However, the base Defender engine provides 290 hp, compared to just 270 in the Bronco.
- If you’re seeking extra power, the Land Rover Defender offers 395 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque. This is no competition for the Bronco, which provides just 310 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque at maximum.
INTERIOR FEATURES: BRONCO OR DEFENDER?Although the Defender and the Bronco have two-door variants, we’ve focused on this year’s most popular four-door models.
- Seating: The Ford Bronco only offers seating for five passengers, while the Defender can be optioned for five, six, or even seven! Comparing their second rows, the Defender has a one-inch advantage on legroom.
- Features and Amenities: Given the difference in their starting prices, one shouldn’t be surprised to learn that the Defender offers a whole lot more to love.
- The difference only becomes more apparent as you move down the line. The Ford Bronco interior ends up feeling spare.