What is Land Rover InControl®?
Land Rover InControl® is the innovative infotainment technology for Land Rover models that helps drivers to stay connected on the Mason roads. Discover all the details of this technology in our overview below, then contact us at Land Rover Cincinnati to learn more!
How Does Land Rover InControl® Work?
Land Rover Connected Navigation: This feature is only available in combination with InControl® Touch Pro™. Connected Navigation includes:
- Real-Time Traffic Flow, which gathers millions of pieces of data to provide the most up-to-date traffic information, so you can anticipate issues and reroute if needed.
- Route Planner App door-to-door routing, which allows you to pick a destination from your smartphone even before you get in your car. Once in the car, the vehicle navigation takes over,and automatically passes the routing back your smartphone once you exit the vehicle for pedestrian directions.
- Online search abilities via Connected Navigation means you can access sites like Trip Advisor, Lonely Planet, and more to find out information about your destination.
- Satellite View and Street View help inform you about unfamiliar surroundings so you can see exactly where you are and where you are headed, with a bird’s eye view or 360-degree panoramic street view.
- Live Apps means you can get compatible systems to talk to each other—for example, your navigation system can pull flight information and alert you of any changes.
InControl Wi-Fi™: Wi-Fi Hotspot via AT&T for in-vehicle internet access on up to eight devices at once. Wi-Fi hardware is fitted to the vehicle with a mobile SIM card and 3 months or 3GB of data for the trial period.
Land Rover InControl® Apps: This allows you to use vehicle-optimized smartphone apps like calendars, music streaming, and more, which can be accessed on your Land Rover touchscreen when you connect your phone to the vehicle’s USB port.
- To install one of your compatible apps through InControl, open Land Rover InControl Apps on your smartphone and scroll through “Not installed apps” to find the app you want to use in your vehicle.
Which Models Offer Land Rover InControl®?
Stay connected by upgrading to the latest Land Rover. InControl® Apps capability is installed at the factory, so you’ll need to request it in advance when you’re purchasing a new Land Rover model.
What Devices Can Use the Land Rover InControl® Apps?
You can access InControl® Apps using compatible smartphone devices with USB cables that come with the phone, or brand-specific USB cables (such as the iPhone Lightning cables from Apple if you have an iPhone). Tablets are not supported for InControl Apps at this time. If you have specific questions, contact your dealer to find out more.
How Can I Explore Land Rover Technology Near Lexington, KY?
If you’d like to learn more about Land Rover services and technology, stop by Land Rover Cincinnati! Our staff will be happy to discuss the features available in your favorite models, like the Range Rover Sport technology.